f you are going to buy avant-garde paintings, do not be surprised at the variety of them. The avant-garde is not a stand-alone style, it is a movement in modern painting that includes completely different and original directions:
- cubism and rayonism;
- expressionism and abstract expressionism;
What is the Russian avant-garde
The first avant-garde artists in Russia appeared with the light hand of the artist and critic Alexander Benois at an art exhibition in 1910. He ironically called a group of young creators “avant-garde” when he noticed that they were running ahead of themselves to destroy the accepted artistic norms. The term and the directions included in it settled down by the middle of the XXth century, when avant-garde paintings no longer caused such a strong reaction of the public.
Thanks to the artworks of Kazimir Malevich, supermatism has become the central direction of the Russian avant-garde. It is based on a combination of simple geometric shapes in different colors and sizes. The whole world has been talking about the painting "Black Square" for 100 years.
Avant-garde in the interior
If you are planning to buy avant-garde paintings to complement the interior, be extremely careful. Moving in this direction, it is very important not to miss the border of bright and original with vulgar and tasteless.
Such a canvas will definitely become the accent of your interior, so think about the harmony of bright details. There are several rules for organizing an avant-garde interior:
- Feel free to choose color combinations, but use them in their “pure” form (red, green, yellow, white and black).
- Maintain contrast, avoid smooth transitions. Hang a bright artwork on a light wall and place dark furniture next to it.
- The room should have a central object that attracts and emphasizes style.
- Experiment with furniture outlines, arches, steps, catwalks, and lights. In an effort to combine the incongruous, avoid redundancy and excesses.
Our online gallery offers to buy original avant-garde paintings. You can also purchase a scanned canvas and print it yourself in the desired size. We care about the careful delivery of paintings and control the packaging process. By purchasing an original artwork, you become its full-fledged owner, receiving all legal rights of ownership.